Thursday, September 2, 2010

Keren's Cake

As usual I write with much mixed emotions! This blog is for Keren and the very special time we spent together working on these special gifts. It really was a magical bonding time that I treasure but at the same time I cry as I have often dreamed of doing this with Paige. But the reality is Im ganna have to wait lots more years. I miss the Woods so much! But I have been blessed to have the Meijers in my life they have helped to fill such a large void and have become family to Zander and myself .

These are chocolate cup cakes with pulled chocolate blossoms. Keren spent many hours making these blossoms. The joy of home schooling!!! Keren made every thing her self I only showed her what to do!! Amazing hey!?

This cake was for Zaks birthday! Keren put in so many hours!!!! But the end result I'm sure you will agree was well worth it.
Keren in her pajamas!

Keren even drew up her own design!
The characters Keren worked on for weeks in advance and so by the time it came to putting them on the cake they had all gone hard! So I decided we'd attempt steaming them. It worked!! But the electricity died!! Then out came the gas stove!!




I am so proud of Keren for her incredible patience, staying power and ability to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment