Monday, September 13, 2010

For The Love of Cake

Theresa latest birthday cake. It gave me a huge amount of grief! The fondant was very soft and difficult to work with. I had no plan as this was a last minute after being so sick. Not fun to do a cake under pressure.

Aloo's cake. I love this cake. And being fruit cake it did not give me hassles. When designing a cake I often create a cake "in their image" how I see them. Butterflys and pearls with a ballet feel
Mels birthday cake, went very well although nothing like my original design as it was for the same day as Zaks cake, so the design got simpler and simpler. I asked Mel her favorite colors and she said black and with with a touch of electric green. Well the electric green went out the the first design that I never followed in the end.
Theresa's birthday cake from 2009. Its very Theresa. Theresa is turquoise and flowers for me.
This was just an experimental favour. I tried working with chocolate. Mmmmm well I need a lot more work!!!
Ha ha ha I'm sure you will remember the disaster with this one! Sweet pops could not understand why someone would leave a hat in the oven! Crash!!! Start again with time a ticking!!!
I loved doing this one! Sculpting is awesome! The horns were difficult to shape and position as they were very heavy!
I LOVED this cake so much I was happy to let him sit till he rotted! he really as better in real life. Keren challenged me as she did not want fondant on her cake so I had to make a marshmallow fondant which just behaves differently.
I hated this cake. I did it for some one at Theresa's work. I was very excited went she said it was a girl I had visions of really cute girl cakes. Then she said she wanted the cake to match the invite on a laser quest theme!!!! Blaaa
Sylvias going away cake. Difficult!!! It never stayed as 3 tiers as the bottom one started to take strain and i panicked that it would collapse if front of every one so I make it 2 tiers!
Lindas 70th my first attempt at getting butter icing totally smooth. Hard work. This is one on Nana's favorites
Just practicing my stacking as a favor for a friend
Ivans cake. More grief! My design never fitted the proportions of this cake but still it work out ok just..
For Jean's 5oth wedding anniversary. I was very very disappointed with this cake for all the work i put in. It taught me loads.... PLAN PLAN PLAN BE ORGANIZED it was better in real life but still I was disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. As a true artist you are a perfectionist. This shows up in your comments. It is the painstaking perfectionist in you that gives you the ability to create these incredible cakes. Each one is a masterpiece. You are so so talented. xx

    ReplyDelete